Now is the time. Houston is the place.
These are exciting times for Houston. The fourth largest city in the country and growing, Houston has a broad business base in energy, manufacturing, aeronautics, and transportation. Only New York City can claim more large public companies. The city is home to the world’s largest concentration of health care and research institutions, ranks third in the U.S. for scheduled non-stop, domestic and international air service, and is the site of NASA’s Johnson Space Center, where Mission Control is located.
"There is no location like this one in Houston."
Owner of BKR Memorial
The Heartbeat of Houston Begins with the Bayou.
Long before the shining rise of Houston and Texas, natural springs and tributaries flowed through Buffalo Bayou on the way to the Gulf. Today, the bayou buzzes with new Houston energy. Waterside trails provide a natural getaway, recreation space, and outdoor venue for art and music—right in the heart of the nation’s fourth-largest city. The prized recreational and natural spaces of Buffalo Bayou Park and Memorial Park get better and greener every season.
Healthy, Connected, and Elegantly Designed
From Washington Avenue to Memorial Drive, Buffalo Heights spans 32 prime acres in the heart of Houston. Residents can step outside and work, shop and play here—five minutes from Downtown and two miles from River Oaks. The sparkling, new H-E-B is just the start. Getting to favorite shops and restaurants, or out to any part of the city is easy. In this refreshed, green core of Houston, upscale urban living is re-imagined and built anew—healthy, connected and elegantly designed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Buffalo Heights is an exceptionally high quality, mixed-use district ideally located in proximity to Houston’s Buffalo Bayou Park, Memorial Park, The Heights, Washington Avenue Corridor, and Downtown.
This innovative real estate development will offer a complete lifestyle built around outdoor activity, healthy local food, and signature greenspace in the region’s most desirable and accessible urban infill location. Improvements will enhance proximity to the trails and bayou, and more than 1,500 acres of parkland in the urban core of the city.
New development and upgrades to existing buildings will elevate the experience for everyone who lives, works, shops and plays “In the Heart of Houston.” Infrastructure improvements are planned to make the area more attractive to walk, bike and enjoy the natural assets, streamline movement around the property and parks, and ease access to Downtown, Uptown, Neartown, and all parts of the city.
The first phase of Buffalo Heights is a mixed-use project on approximately four acres at the intersection of Washington Avenue and South Heights Blvd. This project includes:
- H-E-B Buffalo Heights—approximately 96,000 square feet, a new urban prototype H-E-B, and the first to be fully integrated into a mixed-use project with office, residential, retail, and structured parking
- St. Andrie—a five-story, luxury multifamily community of 230 apartment homes designed to deliver every convenience at the resident’s door
- One Buffalo Heights—approximately 37,000 square feet of office space designed to differentiate and elevate the business brand. Companies will set themselves apart in a cutting edge location that provides easy access to major employment centers, while embracing the city’s signature green space on Buffalo Bayou Park
- Retail—an additional 2,000 square feet of retail at the ground floor of the residences and adjacent to H-E-B is ideally located for a chef-owned bistro or shop catering to clientele who are attracted to Buffalo Heights and its upscale, active urban lifestyle
Washington Avenue braces for next wave of growth
May 8, 2019
The Roastery Coffee Kitchen opens flagship location attached to San Felipe H-E-B
April 11, 2019
Buffalo Heights Mixed-Use Project Tops Out
September 20, 2018
Office Brokers Selected for H-E-B-anchored Mixed-Use Project Along Washington
March 15, 2018
A New ‘Urban’ H-E-B Is Heading to Washington Avenue
May 9, 2017
7-Story Buffalo Heights Mixed-Use Project Under Construction in Houston
May 9, 2017
Welcome to Buffalo Heights. As a private property we want to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our guests, please respect the following rules:
- We reserve the right not to allow any bag, parcel or other item to be brought into the property, and to deal with any unattended object in such ways we consider appropriate.
- Please show common courtesy to fellow Buffalo Heights guests by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior.
- Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times. We reserve the right to remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other guests.
- For the comfort of all guests, smoking, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke are not allowed.
- Please supervise your children at all times.
- While we are pet-friendly in the common areas, only domestic pets are allowed and must be on a leash at all times and any messes must be cleaned up.
- RV and charter buses must receive prior approval for parking.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO POLICY
- Professional photography, videotaping, or recording of any kind must receive prior approval.
- We may photograph, film, videotape, record or otherwise reproduce the image and/or voice of any person who enters the property and use the same for any purpose without payment to any person.
The following items may not be brought on property:
- Recreational devices with wheels, such as skateboards, electric scooters or inline skates
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances or substances hazardous to human health
- Weapons of any kind, or objects that appear to be weapons
- Glass containers
- Other items that we determine may be harmful or disruptive, such as electronic toys
The following activities are not allowed:
- The sale of goods or services or the display of goods and services for sale.
- Soliciting money or other contributions or donations.
- The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind.
- Unauthorized events including scavenger hunts, flash mobs, demonstrations or speeches, or the usage of any flag, banner or sign for commercial purposes, or to incite a crowd.
- Engaging in any unsafe act that may impede the operation of Buffalo Heights or any associated facility.
- We reserve the right to require a person to leave the property without liability or compensation if we consider that the circumstance so requires.
- Property rules are subject to change without notice including prohibited items and activities.
- Security acts as a representative of property management and may enforce all above rules.
If you have any questions, please visit the security office located at Buffalo Heights.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AT BUFFALO HEIGHTS BEGINS AND ENDS
WITH PARKING, WE ENCOURAGE THESE S.M.A.R.T. PARKING TIPS:
- Slow down. The recommended speed limit is 5 MPH.
- Make sure personal items are stored out of sight.
- Always lock your doors.
- Remember to turn off your lights and check your tires.
- Take note of where you parked
BKR Memorial is a Houston-based, privately-held company of the Russell and Glenda Gordy family. A successful businessman with wide-ranging business, community and charitable interests, Russell Gordy grew up and lives in Houston. His vision for Buffalo Heights is to create an enduring legacy—both for his family and for generations of Houstonians.
Houston-based Midway is a privately-owned real estate investment and development firm that has provided the highest quality service and value to clients and investors for more than 50 years. Midway’s portfolio of mixed-use projects in Houston includes CITYCENTRE, Kirby Grove, GreenStreet, Memorial Green and Kings Harbor; and Century Square in College Station.
Find out everything you need to know in the latest issue of the DISTRICT. Stay up to date with the latest happenings in the area or find your new favorite place to dine.